Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Movies

I think I might start "reviewing" movies that I see here on my blog. I may only give a review if the movie was extraordinary though (either good or bad). I am a little hesitant to do this because the last thing people need is another person giving their opinion on movies, which can be a very personal thing. There are many movies that some people love and some people hate, so my feelings on a movie will probably do little for anyone.

Some of the movies I have seen recently are:

  • Ironman - Great action and visual effects, although a few more fight scenes with the Ironman utilizing all of his technology would have been nice.
  • Speed Racer - Eye candy that can put you in a pretty good mood, no matter what is happening in the movie. The bright colors and fast movement leave you feeling happy even if the story was a little strange and random at times.
  • No Country For Old Men - The Coen brothers did an excellent job keeping me in suspense and trying to guess what was happening and going to happen. The movie consisted of a few different parallel (and somewhat intertwined) story lines, and the ending of a couple of these stories left me wanting more.
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Classic Indiana Jones with a few added computer visual effects for good measure. Usually not too cheesy, and while the ending might seem a little strange, I can see how it can be viewed just as "out there" as endings to some of the other movies in the original trilogy.
What really has me worried is this summer's line up of new release movies. There are a few movies that I am really looking forward to seeing, including Get Smart and Wanted, as well as some that look pretty good and I may just end up going to see them in the theater as well, including The Incredible Hulk, The Love Guru, Hancock, and The Dark Knight. I will probably spend too much money going to see these movies in the theater this summer.

No comments: