Thursday, April 17, 2008

Geekery Diversion

I can, at times, be a little geeky or nerdy (depending of course on your definition). I often come across different sites that arouse this side of me, and often I am in danger of spending hours doing whatever it is these websites offer for enjoyment.

Because I want you to share in this joy, I've decided to share some of these sites with you.

(Warning: If you are not careful, you could be caught up in the excitement and end up spending more time than you thought.)

  • String Wave - Wave the end of this string, and see what kind of waves and oscillations you get (and yes of course there are variables to modify.)
  • Outside In - A 21 minute video describing the science/physics/engineering required to invert a sphere. It's not as easy as it sounds.
  • Time Fountain - This is a DIY project where you can make a fountain that seems to operate outside of "time". (Click here for the YouTube video, the one on the page seems to no longer work)
  • Blue Ball Machine - An infinitely awesome factory that does something with a bunch of blue balls. Can you figure out what the purpose is?
  • Guess-the-Google - Can you guess the Google search from a bunch of pictures?
Hopefully this occupies your time sufficiently today. Watch for more of these types of things in future posts, as I come across them.

And, as a bonus today, I will share with you the Timeline Clock.

No comments: