Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sustainable Schools: Colleges and Universities

Check out this report on Green Higher Education that was recently released by the Sustainable Endowment Institute. (Via TreeHugger)

I was a little disappointed to see that Fresno State didn't even make the list at all (whether as a top contender or not). Especially after the recent addition to the huge solar panel parking lot project.

Having sat on a number of University-wide committees during my time at Fresno State, I know for a fact that the solar parking lot is only a part of the overall plan that Fresno State administration has for creating a more green campus. I definitely give props to my Alma Mater for making these important decisions, and hope that this type of thinking stays part of the Campus Master Plan.

No comments: