Saturday, September 20, 2008

Powerhouse Edmonton

I posted last week about my favorite city, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I am always amazed when I get a chance to go back to Edmonton, especially after a long 2 year hiatus like this past trip. So much is being added to Edmonton all the time, namely new construction, both buildings and infrastructure like freeways and extending the light rail transit system.

Check out this article about the Edmonton & Calgary corridor being one of the most successful economies in the world right now and how Edmonton has the potential to become one of the top five mid-sized cities in the world over the next few years.

This article does give me a little more hope, especially related to my thoughts on how Alberta needs to handle their surge of wealth from the oil sands by investing in other economic sectors.

Plus, a huge reason why I like the article so much cause it points out another way that Edmonton is better than Calgary in the friendly Battle of Alberta.

No comments: