Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Somethingstore.com Unboxing

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I recently made a purchase from somethingstore.com. Well my "something" finally arrived and as promised here is the unboxing of the purchase.

IMG_0421
I don't know what's gonna be inside.

IMG_0422
It was a pretty small box, small enough in fact it actually fit inside my mail box. Just about the right size for a baseball, but it was much lighter than a baseball.

IMG_0423
A little bit of green, as well as a flyer for somethingstore.com inside the shipping box.

IMG_0424
The complete contents of my package.

IMG_0425
Let's see... what is it?

IMG_0426
I never would have guessed that this is what I would get.

It turns out that I got a little grow kit, called an "eggling", whose motto is crack & grow. A few too many drug references, but fortunately I received seeds so that I will soon be growing my very own mint plant. I am quite excited, because there are a lot of great recipes that call for fresh mint, and now I can use some home grown mint that grew out of an egg.

This little experiment was very interesting, and it's maybe a bit like gambling. The better thing is that it takes a lot longer than a hand of blackjack to lose your $10, plus you are guaranteed SOMETHING.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 'Eggling' was $10? If I were you, I would buy anything different stuff becuase it would be scared to open up the suspicious box:-) But, It is an interesting to buy the black box too.

Some of my friends are from your hometown, Edmonton.

Makoto