Monday, June 02, 2008

A Future Option for Transportation

While I am very excited for my new Smart Car to arrive this summer, my excitement for the advancement and future of transportation exceeds even that.

Check out this new car, the Aptera.



The Aptera is a new vehicle coming out within the next 1-2 years, and it is available in plug-in hybrid variety and purely electrical. While this is not entirely new, the most fascinating aspect is the way it looks. Some say it is a cross between an airplane and vehicle from the Jetson's. It doesn't fly, but it does get incredible mileage.

While this concept may or may not "take-off", I am mostly excited to see people thinking outside the box (every single other car on the market) and being creative and experimenting with design.

I love the way it looks as well as the environmentally friendly attitude in which it drives.

(Via Josh Spear)

No comments: