Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Dave Matthews Band Concert - 8/30/2009

Here is my quick review of the Dave Matthews Band concert this past Sunday.

It was my first Dave Matthews Band concert, I heard they put on a pretty good show, which was my main reason for wanting to go. I was not disappointed. The jam sessions were great and the sound was a great level, not too loud to bust out your ear drums.

I will admit that I'm not the biggest Dave Matthews Band fan, where I'm not even familiar with a lot of their songs. I do enjoy their music though, and their concert was no exception.

I do have a question for those that went to the concert here in Fresno (and presumably on this tour). Was the video screen behind the stage comprised of large LED panels or was it a slatted screen for a projected image? I had pondered it throughout the evening, and I'd love to know what other people thought.

LED Panels - Quite bright, and when the images were shown on itself (the camera was pointed in part at the image in the background) the secondary image looked quite pixelated. As well, in some of the connecting points between the panels, the image was off. This would suggest not a projected image, but it could have been created by multiple projectors.

Slatted screen for a projected image - It would have had to be very reflective to be as bright during certain parts of the concert. One thing that makes me think this was a possibility is that there were parts of the image not projected on the main panels that showed up on the curtains behind panels throughout the concert, making the image more continuous than the odd shape the panels had.

Please comment with your thoughts.

No comments: