Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Potential Terrorism in London

I read this post at Boing Boing and realized I am a part of these statistics.

I was in fact stopped by two officers of the Metropolitan Police in London back in February of 2008. I was walking around the British Museum waiting for a friend, and was asked to take off my jacket and open my backpack.

The officers were very nice, and we had some good conversation about where I was from, etc. It was a little distressing though, because I had literally gotten off the plane after a trans-atlantic flight, took the tube and walked a good 3 or 4 miles through London to get to the British Museum and I was pretty tired.

Fortunately I am not a terrorist, and I was able to go on my merry way.

3 comments:

maddie said...

you forgot to mention that you had engineering plans (of who knows what) disguised as wrapping paper in you backpack...

Luke said...

Ahhh yes, thank you to Sean for wrapping his gift to you in those engineering plans. Not attention garnering in any way.

Robyn said...

According to Eddie Izzard, telling any airport or other security official that you're Canadian is the solution to any security problems while abroad.