Monday, March 24, 2008

Rat Tacos

I experienced a first today.

Every Monday the executives of my store (of which I am one) have our weekly meeting. Often times we will order food, and on the rare occasion the store will pick up the tab. (our meetings will sometimes last up to 3 1/2 hours)

Today at our meeting, because it was the first day for one of our new executives at the store we ordered some food paid for by the store. The food we had ordered though was unlike anything I have had before. They are affectionately called rat tacos by my peers. Let me explain.

These are regular size tacos that you might find at taco bell, it contains only a couple tablespoons of filling, which is a mystery meat of some kind (actually beef). The taco was a half circle held together by toothpicks and then deepfried. It was pretty good, but very noticeably deepfried, and if you do eat one you shouldn't be very surprised if you get sick (or at least make sure you have a strong stomach).

No comments: