Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekend in Sacramento

If you follow my Twitter updates you undoubtedly know that I spent this weekend in Sacramento. With the holiday season knocking at the door, I know that my life is going to be hectic and busy for the next two months, so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to get out of Fresno for a bit. I decided to take my Smart Car on a little road trip and headed up to the state capitol.

My good friend Dora from college was nice enough to let me borrow her couch to rest my head for the weekend, and I made good use of the time in Sacramento.

I also had the opportunity to visit another friend from College, Shelley, who also lives up in the Sacramento area.

The list of activities for the weekend included
All in all it was quite a busy weekend, but it was relaxing and very fun at the same time.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Geez, Luke. You should have called me. I live blocks away from these places!

CM said...

Tower Cafe and Rick's Dessert Diner were two of my favorite places in Sacramento when I lived there. You should make sure to check out Zelda's pizza next time you're up there. It's quite good.

Also, there's a burger place, used to be called Hamburger Mary's, that's quite an experience. very eclectic on the inside with a colorful waitstaff. have the Skippy Burger...a regular burger with all the fixings + Skippy smooth peanut butter. It's amazing! I ate there more than just about anywhere else when I ate out.

Oh, and got tot he Mexican restaurant right by the Capitol and the SecState's office, I forget the name, but the Zapata Burrito is unforgettable.

And whatever you do, stay off the light rail after dark...unless you're looking to score some crack.